Wednesday 6 May 2015

After the Storm

After the storm comes the calm and it certainly is. I've returned from the clinic and after an ultrasound (apparently at 39 I'm too young for a mammogram) I got the all clear.

My symptoms are still unexplained as the surgeon wasn't much of a talker and was interested in finding things rather than work out what's wrong. But hey, that's good for me, I'll get someone else to sort that out now.

I felt an overwhelming sense of relief and after being collected by the hubby and kids I wanted to eat food, relax and enjoy.

So I had one of these...

I counted my blessings and also had a prayer for all those who don't get such a result. I am aware that I'm lucky.

I want to remind people to check and be 'breast aware' because that's the only way you give yourself the best chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment